News Sections
Audio
Electrical Wire Sparks Washington Fire
Updated June 2, 2016 7:29 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(WASHINGTON) - An electrical problem was determined to cause a fire at a Washington home on Tuesday morning.

Washington firefighters were called to the home at 401 Wright Street at 7:25 a.m. and were on the scene for almost two hours.

Washington Fire Chief Dave Rhoads says a broken electrical wire caused the fire that burned the roof trusses in the attic of the home, owned by Marie Stone.

The fire caused moderate damage to the home.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback