News Sections
Audio
Failure In Mechanical Room Fills Dubois Co. Courthouse With Smoke
Updated April 18, 2016 6:54 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(JASPER) - Smoke detectors sounding ceased a potential disaster at the Dubois County Courthouse early Friday morning.

Firefighters from the Jasper Fire Department responded around 2:39 a.m.

According to Jasper Fire Chief Kenny Hochgesang, a mechanical failure in the motor caused the hydraulic oil to overheat. The oil heated to more than 400 degrees Fahrenheit.

The smoke from the oil permeated throughout the courthouse. Firefighters ventilated the mechanical room and downstairs area with fans to alleviate the problem.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback