News Sections
Audio
Mouse Nest Blamed For Start Of Camper Fire
Updated February 24, 2016 7:33 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(WASHINGTON) - A fire early Sunday morning destroyed a camper near Washington.

Washington Township Volunteer Fire Department was called about the blaze around 2:46 a.m. after a report of a camper that was parked inside of a pole barn was on fire at the intersection of State Road 257 and County Road 200 South.

The owner Cecil Welborn and his brother were able to escape the fire without injuries.

According to Washington Township Volunteer Fire Department Chief Tony Wichman, the men were up watching television and were getting ready to head to bed when the power went out.

They went outside of the camper and that is when they discovered the fire.

Firefighters say the fire started after a mouse had built a nest inside the electronics of the refrigerator. The nest caught on fire and then the electrical system began shorting out causing the fire.

The camping trailer was a total loss. The fire did minimal damage to the pole building.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File