News Sections
Audio
Fire Causes Extensive Damage To Bloomington Home
Updated February 6, 2016 9:28 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(BLOOMINGTON) - A man driving to work Friday morning was able to alert a family their house was on fire.

Ben James told firefighters he was driving to work around 9 a.m. in the 700 block of South Cory Lane, when he saw smoke bellowing from a home. He pulled over, ran to the home and helped a man, woman and their Boston terrier escape.

The fire has started at the back of the house in a garage.

Perry-Clear Creek and Bloomington firefighters arrived at the scene of the fire at 9:17 a.m.

The fire started after the family had started a fire in their stove in the garage to warm the area.

Perry-Clear Creek Fire Chief Dustin Dillard says the fire quickly spread.

The fire destroyed the garage and breezeway and spread into the kitchen causing damage. Firefighter also had to cut a hole through the roof to ventilate the home. There was heavy smoke and water damage throughout the house.

No nearby homes or other structures were damaged by the fire.

Firefighters were on the scene until just after Noon.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback