News Sections
January 2015 Finds Men Spending Time Behind Bars, Police Search For Missing Bloomfield Teen
Updated December 31, 2015 8:07 AM
 Print    Archive    RSS
marina boelter.jpg
Johnus Orr.jpg
Johnus Orr
kyle hutton.jpg
Kyle Hutton

(UNDATED) - January 2015 ended with men spending time behind bars and police searching for a man who robbed the French Lick Post Office in addition to searching for a missing Bloomfield teen.

The following stories highlight those events:

Police Continue Search For Missing Bloomfield Teen

The family of 18-year-old Marian Boelter is still searching for her and needs the public's help.

Marina went missing on New Year's Eve.

On New Year's Eve, Tressie "Cricket" Palmer, Boelter's mother, stopped into the store while Marina was working to talk to her about a family get-together on New Year's Day. But when Marina didn't show up the family became worried.

According to police, Marina finished working her shift in the deli on New Year's Eve and was last seen in the parking lot of the store getting into a four-door 2009 to 2011 Mercury Milan near the Bloomfield IGA.

The vehicle's color has been reported as everything from silver to beige, even gold in color. The Mercury has multi-spoke rims, a spoiler and a bluetooth or cellular shark fin antenna on top.

The person driving the Mercury has been described as a white male, in his 40's or 50's and heavy set. The male was also said to have been wearing glasses.

Nobody has seen or heard from Marina since.

Anyone with tips or information regarding the whereabouts of Marina Boelter can remain anonymous and are asked to contact the Indiana State Police Bloomington Post at (812) 332-4411, the Bloomfield Police Department or the Greene County Sheriff's Department.

Jury Finds Kyle Hutton Guilty

In January, a Lawrence Superior Court I jury found 32-year-old Kyle Hutton guilty of driving the CJ7 Jeep that crashed and killed his wife 30-year-old Morgan Hutton, friend 33-year-old Dasan Spires and Spires' fiancee 38-year-old Laura Duncan.

The jury deliberated for around five hours before determining Kyle Hutton was driving the Jeep on July 28, 2012 when it crashed on Bailey Scales Road.

Hutton was found guilty on all three counts of causing death while operating a vehicle with a blood alcohol level of .15 or greater. Deputy Prosecutor Jody Donaldson proved Kyle Hutton's blood-alcohol level was more than three times the legal limit the night of the deadly accident.

Defense Attorney Samuel Shapiro and Hutton claimed Morgan Hutton was driving the Jeep when a deer ran into the roadway causing her to crash the vehicle.

On February 14, Judge Michael Robbins sentenced Kyle Hutton to 44 years in prison. Judge Robbins listed several aggravating factors which included Hutton having a criminal history. Of his six arrests, five were alcohol related, three of those were for driving while intoxicated.

Judge Robbins says Hutton showed no remorse in the death of his wife or friends.

Robbins also suspended Hutton's driver's license for 5 years on each count for a total of 15 years.

Man Arrested On Two Counts Of Murder In Tiffanie Adams Case

23-year-old Johnus "Jonus" Luke Orr of Sullivan was arrested in the murder of 20-year-old Tiffanie Adams and her unborn son. Sullivan County Police say Adams was strangled by her step brother.

Orr is charged with two counts of murder. Adams was 8 months pregnant when she was killed and Orr was charged with the death of the unborn baby boy.

Officials have not released any information in regards to what the motive behind the murder.

Adams had been reported missing by her family on November 7, 2014 after she left to go to her mother's home and never showed up.

Tiffanie and her boyfriend were at her step-father's home the morning of November 5 when he left for the store. When he got back, Tiffanie was gone. The boyfriend said she had gone to her mother's home about 75 yards away.

Cell phone records obtained by police show that Tiffanie's cell phone called Bruce Adams' home phone but Bruce stated that he "could not make out what was going on over the phone."

The probable cause then stated Tiffanie's phone called Bruce Adams' home phone again at 12:59 p.m. on November 5 and he heard what he described as, "carrying on." Bruce told police it sounded like Tiffanie's phone "got snatched out of her hand."

Brian and Tiffanie's mother, Christina Orr, told police that they were not home nor had they seen Tiffanie on November 5.

Brian Orr did report that a trail camera he used for security purposes on the front porch of his home was "operational on November 5 because when he and his wife returned home at approximately 1 p.m. to retrieve tools, he noticed the camera case door was still securely fastened by a piece of wire that he had placed there.

But, when Brian Orr got back around 4 p.m., the wire securing the door was missing and the SD card in the camera was gone. Police say a new card had been inserted into the camera on November 6.

Christina Orr told police she knew of allegations that Johnus Orr had raped Tiffanie when he was supposed to be giving her a ride home from a party in 2013. She also stated Johnus had previously attempted to rape her as well.
Early in the investigation, officials had requested Tiffanie's cell phone be 'pinged.' Verizon reported the the phone was in the area of County Road 300 North and County Road 175 East in Sullivan County.

On December 30, officials responded to that area after a farmer reported finding a body in a cornfield just east of County Road 325 East, just north of County Road 300 North.

An autopsy was performed the following day at Terre Haute Regional Hospital and, using dental records, the coroner was able to confirm the body was Tiffanie Adams.

The coroner's report states that Tiffanie was 32 weeks pregnant at the time of her death and that a male fetus was viable (meaning the child could have lived on his own outside of the womb). DNA testing to prove who fathered Tiffanie Adams' child were taken but those results have not be made public.

At this time, officials are not releasing any information in regards to what the motive behind the murder was.

U.S. Postal Inspection Service Offering Reward For Information In French Lick Post Office Burglary

The U.S. Postal Inspection Service is offering up to a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the recent burglary of the French Lick Post office located on West College Street.

According to police, sometime during the evening of January 8 or the early morning of January 9th, someone broke into the French Lick Post Office.

Official say this type of crime affects the safety of employees and customers, as well as the ability of the Postal Service to deliver mail.

If you have information about the crime, contact U.S. Postal Inspector Doug Biel at (317) 328-2505 or U.S. Postal Inspector Steve Sadowitz at (317) 328-2512 or the U.S. Postal Inspection Service at (877) 876-2455.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2019 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File