News Sections
Audio
Flue Fire Damages Home
Updated December 17, 2015 6:34 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(BEDFORD) - A flue fire damaged the home of Jim and Jerri Gore Tuesday morning.

The Gores own Smokin' Jim's BBQ.

The family was notified about the blaze after a neighbor knocked on the door and alerted the couple's 16-year-old daughter Olivia about the fire.

Olivia dialed 911 just after 10 a.m. to alert police and firefighters about the fire. She then got a ladder armed with a garden hose to battle the blaze.

But the fire was more than Olivia could handle with a garden hose. As she was coming down the ladder, firefighters from Indian Creek and Shawswick Volunteer Fire Department were arriving at the home at 4351 Williams Road.

According to Indian Creek VFD Chief Monty Wright, the fire spread along the east side of the home to the peak of the roof. It then spread throughout the attic area.

Firefighters were able to extinguish the blaze quickly, limiting the fire damage. The house is sustain smoke and water damage during the incident.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback