News Sections
Audio
Bedford Firefighters Ventilate Apartment After Stove Fire
Updated August 4, 2015 7:41 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(BEDFORD) - Bedford Fire Department firefighters were alerted to a stove fire in an apartment complex at 814 I Street Sunday morning.

According to fire department officials, firefighters were called to the apartment at 10:46 a.m. after the occupant Abby Shelly called police to report a fire started on the top of her stove.

When firefighters arrived the fire was out, but the apartment, owned by Bill Polling, was filled with smoke.

Firefighters removed the stove and stove hood and then ventilated the apartment of smoke.

Shelly did suffer some smoke inhalation but refused medical treatment.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback