News Sections
Audio
Investigation Continues In Linton Shooting
Updated August 1, 2015 6:05 PM | Filed under: Crime
 Print    Archive    RSS

(LINTON) - An investigation is continuing into a shooting that occurred during a bachelorette party in Linton Saturday, but details remain sketchy and officials are not releasing the identities of those involved.

Indiana State Police Sgt. Curt Durnil of the Bloomington Post confirmed that one man was injured and transported to a hospital in Terre Haute for medical treatment. His injuries were not believed to be life-threatening.

Police say alcohol was likely a factor in the incident.

Police say a group of women celebrating a bachelorette party had gathered in a driveway and were getting ready to leave when an intoxicated man approached the group, confronted them and refused to leave.

One of the women went back into the home to get help.

"The man called 911 as he went out to confront the other man," Durnil says. "The man was allegedly assaulted and fired several shots from a handgun, wounding his attacker."

According to police, a man who appeared to be intoxicated got into an altercation with the other man and was shot.

As of Tuesday, no arrests had been made.

The Greene County Daily World reports that Greene County Prosecutor Jarrod Holtsclaw is aware of the shooting but says police have not completed their investigation and therefore he has not seen any reports about the shooting.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback