News Sections
Audio
Firework Explodes In Washington Man's Hand
Updated July 9, 2015 7:23 AM
 Print    Archive    RSS

(WASHINGTON) - A Washington man is recovering from painful burns, after a firework exploded near his face and arm Fourth of July weekend.

Shane Bowling says he and some friends were setting off fireworks Friday night, when he thought he came across a dud. He says he waited a few minutes, grabbed the tube and went to turn it upside down when it exploded near his face.

Bowling says all he remembers was the loud boom.

Bowling has burns and cuts all over his right hand, and on his face near his left eye. And the tip of his index finger was nearly blown completely off from the blast.

Dr. Tuna Ozyurekoglu at Klienert Kutz Hand Care Center sutured Bowling's finger back together and is now monitoring blood flow in hopes of saving the finger.

Bowling says he will not be setting off fireworks next year.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File