News Sections
Audio
Bedford Firefighters Extinguish Dryer Fire
Updated July 7, 2015 8:30 AM
 Print    Archive    RSS

(BEDFORD) - Bedford Firefighters kept a dryer fire from spreading by heaving the machine from the basement out the door and into the yard of a home on 2100 block of J Street, Monday afternoon.

According to Bedford Fire Department Chief Jon Wagner, firefighters were called to the home just before 5 p.m. after smoke began filling the home.

When firefighters arrived, everyone was out of the home and they went to work finding the fire and getting the dryer out of the home.

"Once they got it outside they used a water extinguisher to put out the fire and then use fans to ventilate the smoke from the home," Wagner added.

There was no damage to the home.

Firefighters were also called to Clover Lane Apartments just after 9 p.m. after a report of a smoke detector sounding.

When firefighters arrived, there was no fire.

"The alarm was so old it had yellowed," Wagner says. "We can't stress enough how important it is to have updated and working smoke alarms. Thank goodness this one was still working, but we replaced it with a new one."



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback