News Sections
Audio
IU Student Dies From Apparent Drug Overdose
Updated June 16, 2015 7:56 AM
 Print    Archive    RSS
photo-credit-twitter-via-alaynna-cook.jpg

(GRANGER) - One of two brothers found dead in a Granger Home Sunday from an apparent drug overdose was an Indiana University sophomore.

According to the South Bend Tribune, 19-year-old IU student Nick Savage and his 18-year-old brother Jack attended the same party, as did two other young men who overdosed but are expected to survive.

The deaths are under investigation by the St. Joseph County police and the county's Metro Homicide Unit.

Police were called to the home at 1:30 a.m. Sunday to assist one of the other men at the party who appeared to have suffered an overdose.

The St. Joseph County Coroner's Office says officers again were called 11:30 a.m. Sunday to the brothers' home. He says the brothers were found unresponsive and pronounced dead at the scene.

Both Nick and Jack were former hockey players and graduates at Penn High School. They went home to sleep after the party but never woke up.

Police say they believe the men took a lethal combination of prescription drugs, but toxicology results still are pending.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File