News Sections
Audio
Firefighters Called To Bedford Courthouse After Recorder's Office Fills With Smoke
Updated April 14, 2015 10:22 PM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(BEDFORD) - Bedford firefighters were called to the Lawrence County Courthouse just after noon today after smoke filled the recorder's office.

According to Chief Jon Wagner, a battery unit used as a backup source for the computer servers overheated and shorted out, filling the room with smoke.

"I am not sure if the whole group of batteries all powered up at once causing the one to short out or what," Wagner says. "But it filled the room with a lot of smoke which was able to dissipate on its own."

A computer technician was called to the courthouse and the unit was disconnected.

"He came in and unplugged the battery so they wouldn't have a problem with their computer programs and the problem was solved," Wagner added.

Firefighters did not have to evacuate the building and no one was injured during the incident.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File