News Sections
Audio
Bedford Fire Department Extinguishes Dryer Fire
Updated April 29, 2015 9:04 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(BEDFORD) - The Bedford firefighters extinguished a dryer fire at Hamilton Court Apartments Tuesday morning.

Firefighters were alerted to the blaze at 8 Ludlow Drive just after 11 a.m.

"The fire was extinguished quickly," says Chief Jon Wagner. "They put water on it, pulled the plug and carried the drier from the apartment."

There was light smoke damage to the utility room and upstairs, says Wagner.

The fire was caused from lint build up in the hose that vents the drier to the outside of the building.

"People don't think to check that hose," Wagner says. "We found a pretty good amount of lint in that hose which restricted airflow, which in turn caused the dryer to overheat and start a fire inside the drier. It doesn't take much."

Wagner says the apartment can be repaired with a little bit of paint and a good cleaning.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File