News Sections
Audio
Bedford Fire Department Extinguishes Couch Fire
Updated March 12, 2015 9:10 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(BEDFORD) - The Bedford Fire Department extinguished a couch that they believe was set on fire at a vacant home on 14th Street on Tuesday.

Firefighters were called about the fire just after 9 p.m. at the home owned by Leonard Thorton.

"The home had been vacant for about three years," BFD Chief Jon Wagner says. "There were no utilities services to the home."

The fire was contained to the couch and was extinguished quickly.

Firefighters say the home has been vandalized - the water heater and furnace were missing along with copper wiring.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File