News Sections
Audio
Fire Destroys Paoli Home
Updated February 21, 2015 9:32 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(PAOLI) - A Fire destroyed a Paoli home Friday morning.

Paoli Fire Department Chief Dutch Parks says firefighters rushed to the scene thinking that family members may still be inside. When they arrived to 409 South East Second Street the back of the home was engulfed in flames.

The fire was reported at 5:52 a.m. when a neighbor smelled the smoke and saw the flames.

Firefighters from Orange County Rural District II, French Lick and Southeast Township were called in to assist.

"We knew the man of the home was at work, but were concerned his wife and children were still inside," Parks says. "It was tense there for a while. But Paoli police were able to contact the man and learned that the rest of the family had spent the night somewhere else."

Parks did not have the name of the renters.

The home that was owned by Jodi Henry was destroyed. Parks believes the fire was caused by an electrical problem.

Freezing temperatures made fighting the fire difficult.

"One of our engines and a French Lick engine froze up," Parks added. "We were having problems with nozzles freezing and the water was freezing as soon as it hit the ground covering the sidewalks, streets, everything. It made for some pretty hazardous conditions."



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File