News Sections
Audio
Fire Damages Mitchell Home
Updated February 9, 2015 6:33 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(MITCHELL) - A fire caused after a blower on a furnace shorted out displaced a Mitchell woman and her family Saturday afternoon.

Mitchell Volunteer Fire Department responded to the home at 1200 West Main Street at 1:44 p.m. Marion Township VFD assisted at the scene.

The house is owned by Larry Root and rented by Vickey Pridemore.

According to Mitchell VFD assistant Chief Fred Cassidy, the family, who did not have working smoke detectors, was able to escape safely.

Firefighters were able to contain the blaze to a front room, but the home had smoke and water damage throughout.

"The family was able to save some of their belongings," Cassidy added.

The American Red Cross provided shelter to the family.

Firefighters were on the scene until 3 p.m.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File