News Sections
Audio
Dubois Home Fills With Smoke After Stove Pipe Comes Apart
Updated February 18, 2015 8:45 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(DUBOIS CO.) - A Dubois home filled with smoke after a chimney fire Monday night.

Dubois firefighters were called to the home of James Bird in the 9300 block of North 1100 East just after 7 p.m.

Bird told firefighters that a pipe from a free-standing fire place came apart allowing smoke into the house and a fire to ignite.

Bird attempted to extinguish the fire with a bucket of water and then called 9-1-1.

Firefighters arrived and insured that there was no fire and put the pipe back together after checking for hot spots.

There was minimal damage and no one was injured in the incident.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback