News Sections
Audio
Cigarette Cause Of Q Street Fire
Updated February 11, 2015 1:23 PM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(BEDFORD) - Bedford Fire Department Chief Jon Wagner says the fire at a home in the 2600 block of Q Street Monday afternoon was started after a cigarette caught some bedding on fire.

The one-story, wooden-frame home is owned by Josh Magill. Magill's son was at home when the fire started and suffered burns to his legs.

Bedford Firefighters arrived at the home at 1:42 p.m. with flames shooting out the front of the home.

Battalion Chief Steve Haverly says firefighters had a quick knockdown, but the home had fire damage to the front of the home and there was heavy smoke damage throughout



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File