News Sections
Audio
Springville Home Destroyed By Fire
Updated January 13, 2015 11:00 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(SPRINGVILLE) - A Springville mobile home was destroyed Thursday.

The Center and Owensburg-Jackson Township Fire Departments were alerted to the fire at 11295 E. Robins Nest Road at Noon. The caller told the dispatcher that flames were shooting through the roof.

When officials arrived the mobile home was consumed by flames.

Firefighters from Taylor Township, Eastern Fire, Owensburg Fire and Van Buren (Monroe County) were called to help battle the blaze.

Nobody was home at the time of the fire.

Firefighters believe one of two wood stoves inside the home started the blaze. Center Fire Department asks that everyone using a wood stove make sure they are cleaned and inspected periodically for any damages to the pipes or chimney.

The Red Cross was contacted to assist the owners of the residence Tom and Loretta Lagenour.

The extremely cold temperatures hindered firefighters efforts. They were on the scene until 4 p.m.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback