News Sections
Audio
Quick Response Contains Blaze At Kenray Lake Shelterhouse
Updated January 26, 2015 6:48 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(KENRAY) - The quick response by the Shawswick Volunteer Fire Department early this morning saved the enclosed shelterhouse at Kenray Lake and stopped the fire spreading to an attached garage.

Firefighters were alerted to the blaze at 12:35 a.m. at 955 Kenray Lake Road.

Seven Shawswick VFD firefighters with three trucks and one Guthrie VFD firefighters responded to the blaze.

"The fire was contained to the bathroom area and a closet area of the enclosed shelterhouse," says Shawswick VFD Fire Chief Bob Brown. "There was smoke damage to the kitchen and dining room area. But we were able to contain the blaze to the bathroom area."

The fire started in the bathroom.

"There as an electric heater in there that shorted out causing the fire," Brown says.

Inside the metal covered shelterhouse got hot.

"They had several plastic tables in the dining area that melted and curled up on the ends," Brown added. "There is a lot of smoke and heat damage in the dining and kitchen area."

Firefighters were on the scene until 2:36 a.m.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback