News Sections
Audio
Fire Damages Williams Home
Updated December 30, 2014 8:18 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(WILLIAMS) - A flue fire damaged the living room and a front bedroom of a home in the 300 block of Hammersley Lane Monday night.

Firefighters were notified about the blaze just after 10 p.m.

"When we arrived fire was showing," says Williams Volunteer Fire Department Chief Kyle Knight. "We had a pretty quick knock down."

Firefighters from Williams, Indian Creek, Oolitic and Huron Volunteer Fire Departments responded, along with TOPES and an IU Health Hospital ambulance.

The name of the homeowner is not being released.

"The fire started in the stove pipe and then spread inside the walls and ceiling areas," Knight added. "We had to get into the walls to extinguish the fire."

Once the fire was out, firefighters helped the family remove some of their belongings not damaged in the blaze.

"We were there until just after midnight helping remove items from the home," Knight added.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File