News Sections
Audio
Electric Power Strip Causes Fire
Updated December 8, 2014 8:13 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(BEDFORD) - The quick thinking of a Bedford homeowner saved a small fire from spreading.

The Bedford Fire Department was called to a home in the 2400 block of I Street, Friday afternoon after a report of a fire.

When firefighters arrived, the homeowner had extinguished the small fire with a fire extinguisher. The fire had started where two power strips were plugged in at the back door of the home.

The fire did trip the power breaker in the home.

There was moderate smoke inside and firefighters ventilated the home.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback