News Sections
Audio
Wood Stove Fire Damages Springville Home
Updated November 3, 2014 7:31 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS
springvill fire 2.jpg
fire springville.jpg

(SPRINGVILLE) - A wood stove fire damaged a Springville home, but firefighters were able to contain the fire in the attic area, however the home did suffer smoke and water damage.

Firefighters from Center Fire Department were called to the home of Tyler and Amanda Prather in the 12700 block of East Inman Road just after 11 p.m.

When firefighters arrived there was fire shooting out of the west side of the home and heavy smoke filled the rest of the home.

Firefighters were able to mostly contain the fire in the attic area, although the residence did suffer smoke and water damage.

Fire units helped remove nearly all of the homeowners' belongings and the home was insured.

Center Fire Chief Jeremy Inman believes the fire was caused by a malfunctioning wood stove. The family was able to escape unharmed thanks to smoke detectors sounding.

The Center Fire Department was assisted by the Owensburg Fire Department, Eastern Fire Department, and Perry Township Fire Department in Lawrence County.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback