News Sections
Audio
Fire Damages Kitchen, House Fills With Smoke
Updated November 4, 2014 10:29 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(FAYETTEVILLE) - A grease fire at a home in the 1300 block of Butterfly Lane Monday afternoon left the kitchen area heavily damaged and filled the home with smoke.

According to Indian Creek Volunteer Fire Chief Monty Wright, firefighters were called to the scene just after 2 p.m.

"A family member had been cooking when a grease fire started," Wright says. "They were able to escape safely and no firefighters were injured battling the blaze."

Firefighters from Shawswick and Oolitic VFDs assisted. TOPES also responded to the scene.

"We were able to knock down the blaze quickly, containing it to the kitchen area," Wright added. "But there was a lot smoke damage throughout the home."

Firefighters were on the scene for about two hours, hitting hot spots and ventilating the home.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback