News Sections
Audio
Fire Starts At Electric Meter
Updated October 29, 2014 7:00 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(MITCHELL) - A fire at an electric meter caused damage to a Mitchell home Monday night.

Firefighters from Marion and Huron Volunteer Fire Departments were called to the home in the 900 block of MotoCross Road at 6:15 p.m.

The one-story ranch home is owned by Roger Davis.

Davis, his wife and two children were home when the fire started. The boys smelled plastic burning and warned the rest of the family.

Marion Capt. Paul Gillespie says the fire started near the electric meter outside the home.

Firefighters used dry chemical extinguishers on the blaze until the power could be shut off, which took about 30 minutes for Martin County REMC to arrive on the scene.

There was water damage and firefighters had to rip up part of the roof to extinguish the blaze.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File