News Sections
Audio
Fire Causes Minimal Damage To Modular Home
Updated October 27, 2014 9:10 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(KENRAY) - Firefighters from Shawswick and Guthrie Volunteer Fire Departments were called to a home in the 200 block of Schores Lane at 7:24 p.m. Sunday.

The homeowner, Jeff Sebree, a Guthrie Volunteer Fire Department firefighter, lives in the home and called police after smelling smoke and hearing a breaker flip.

When he went to investigate, the boy's bedroom was filled with smoke.

"The fire started after a short in the hot water heater which was located in a closet area," says Shawswick VFD Capt. Bob Barber from Station 1. "The fire caused a plastic water pipe to melt which extinguished the blaze."

Jeff and his wife Kelsey and their children were not injured.

Barber says there was minimal damage to the home.

"They will have to probably replace the water heater, I'm saying around $500 in damages," Barber added. "There was no major structural damage."

Firefighters used thermal imaging equipment to make sure the fire did not travel into the walls.

Five firefighters from Shawswick VFD responded with two engines and a tanker truck, Guthrie came with four firefighters and an engine.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File