(BEDFORD) - Firefighters from Shawswick and Oolitic Volunteer firefighters were called to a home in the 90 block of Ikerd Road after lightning struck the home Tuesday morning.
The homeowner Oscar Webb, called police at 6:05 a.m. reporting his television had blown up and he didn't have power.
"There was no fire," says Shawswick VFD Chief Bob Brown. "Lightning did strike the home and smoked the television but it didn't blow up."
Brown says the television and an alarm clock in a bedroom was damage and there was no power to that room.
"The rest of the house had power, but there was none in that room so the lightning caused some kind of electrical problem in that area of the house," Brown says.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org