News Sections
Lightning Strikes Home
Updated September 4, 2014 6:56 AM
 Print    Archive    RSS

(BEDFORD) - Firefighters from Shawswick and Oolitic Volunteer firefighters were called to a home in the 90 block of Ikerd Road after lightning struck the home Tuesday morning.

The homeowner Oscar Webb, called police at 6:05 a.m. reporting his television had blown up and he didn't have power.

"There was no fire," says Shawswick VFD Chief Bob Brown. "Lightning did strike the home and smoked the television but it didn't blow up."

Brown says the television and an alarm clock in a bedroom was damage and there was no power to that room.

"The rest of the house had power, but there was none in that room so the lightning caused some kind of electrical problem in that area of the house," Brown says.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File