News Sections
Fire Sparked From Cigarette Guts Linton Mobile Home
Updated September 4, 2014 7:08 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS
linton mobile home fire.jpg

(LINTON) - A fire that started in a recliner from a dropped cigarette sparked a blaze that caused extensive damage on South West Ninth Street late Tuesday afternoon.

According to Linton Fire Chief Brad Sparks the home was being rented by Jerry May. Sparks says the trailer is gutted, but still standing.

Sparks says the renter was intoxicated and he believes May was smoking in a recliner.

May was screaming at the scene that Mikey and her two babies were still in the trailer, firefighters did a search and found nobody inside the home.

They later learned the babies were two kittens and Mikey was not home.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File