News Sections
Audio
Fire Damages Vacant Mobile Home In Linton
Updated September 16, 2014 7:31 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(LINTON) - A fire caused extensive damage to a Linton mobile home Monday morning.

According to Linton Fire Chief Brad Sparks, Lonnie Land, an employee at Casey's, reported the fire at 1374 W. Eckles Ave. around 8:30 a.m.

Sparks told the Greene County Daily World that the trailer had been abandoned and no one was inside when the fire started.

Sparks said the gas and water were turned off but not the electricity. Sparks said the fire appeared to be electrical in nature.

Because he is unable to contact the owners, Sparks is seeking the assistance of the public. Anyone who has any information regarding the property or how to contact the owners is asked to call the Linton Fire Department business line at (812) 847-8413.

Sparks also thanked the employees of Casey's which provided coffee and water to the responders on the scene, who included units from the Linton Fire Department as well as the Linton Police Department and Greene County Ambulance Service.

Sparks said the firefighters really appreciates Casey's support.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File