News Sections
Audio
Burnt Food Leaves House Full Of Smoke
Updated September 18, 2014 9:24 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(MITCHELL) - Firefighters from Mitchell Volunteer Fire Department were called to a home on West Grissom Avenue late Wednesday afternoon after a neighbor reported the smoke alarms in the house next door were sounding.

The caller reported that there were no signs of fire or smoke coming from the house.

But when firefighters arrived at 5:39 p.m. the home was full of smoke.

According to firefighters, food had been left in the oven.

There was no damage to the home and firefighters used fans to ventilate the home.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File