News Sections
Audio
Firefighters Save Home After Extinguishing Dryer Fire
Updated September 8, 2014 10:28 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS
k-12.jpg

(BEDFORD) - Bedford Fire Department firefighters were called to a home at 87 N Street Saturday morning.

When firefighters arrived at 8:17 a.m. there was smoke coming from under the garage door.

Firefighters attempted to enter the garage through a kitchen door, but were unable to because of the extensive heat and smoke.

Firefighters used a K-12 (rotary gas-powered circular saw) to cut through the garage door.

Once firefighters made entry they were able to extinguish the blaze.

According to firefighters, the dryer was damaged and several items around the dryer were damaged. Firefighters removed those items from the garage.

There was no damage to the home.

The cause of the fire is under investigation.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback