(BEDFORD) - Goodwill stores across the country were impacted by a malware that exposed payment card information, including the stores in Bedford, Salem and Seymour.
Approximately 330 stores in 20 states, including Goodwill Industries of Southern Indiana, were affected by the compromise.
Officials claim the breach happened between February 2013 and August 2014.
Goodwill officials say they have received a "very limited number of reports" of fraudulent use of the debit and credit cards connected to Goodwill customers' stores.
In a statement, Jim Gibbons, president and CEO of Goodwill Industries International, says he takes the matter "very seriously" and that they are working to make sure a similar situation does not happen again.
Here's a list of the Goodwill stores affected in Indiana:
- 1221 James Ave Bedford, IN Affected: 6/24/14 to 8/6/14
- 1212 Applegate Ln Clarksville, IN Affected: 4/8/14 to 8/6/14
- 2400 Landmark Ave Ne Corydon, IN Affected: 5/6/14 to 8/6/14
- 4646 Duffy Rd Floyds Knobs, IN Affected: 1/28/14 to 8/6/14
- 2764 Jefferson Centre Way Jeffersonville, IN Affected: 12/10/13 to 8/6/14
- 3200 English Sta Madison, IN Affected: 5/20/14 to 8/6/14
- 375 Professional Ct New Albany, IN Affected: 3/11/14 to 8/6/14
- 2260 N State Highway 7 North Vernon, IN Affected: 6/10/14 to 8/6/14
- 400 S Main St Salem, IN Affected: 3/25/14 to 8/6/14
- 1602 W Mcclain Ave Scottsburg, IN Affected: 4/22/14 to 8/6/14
- 1857 E Tipton St Seymour, IN Affected: 6/3/14 to 8/6/14
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to email@example.com