News Sections
Fire Destroys Linton Family's Home
Updated August 24, 2014 12:41 PM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(LINTON) - The Linton Fire Department was dispatched to a fire across the street from the Shrine Club in Linton at 4:35 a.m. Thursday.

Fire Chief Brad Sparks says firefighters arrived within five minutes, but the home was engulfed in flames and the fire was shooting through the roof.

There is nothing left of the brick home belonging to Rick and Linda Crynes.

The family was not home when the fire started. According to the state fire marshal, the fire was caused by an electrical issue in the kitchen.

The Wright Township Fire Department, Duke Energy, Ohio Valley Gas, and on-duty and off-duty Linton Police Department officers and reserve officers assisted at the scene, and Sparks also thanked his parents and Firefighter Eric Carpenter's mother for bringing refreshments to the emergency personnel.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2019 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File