(BLOOMINGTON) - The Bloomington Police Department is increasing patrols on the B-Line trail following a pair of armed robberies and other incidents that have happened within the last month.
Bloomington Police Captain Joe Qualters says new safety plan, will increase the number of officers patrolling on foot, bike, and all terrain vehicles both during the day and night.
"It's our hope that by being more visible we will be a deterrent," Qualters says. "And that officers would be closer and able to catch those responsible."
BPD also offers the following safety tips to trail users:
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times and consider carrying a cell phone in the event of an emergency.
- Note that all light poles are numbered to identify your location
- Report any suspicious activity or people to police immediately
- Use the "buddy system" whenever possible or stay reasonably close to others using the Trail
- Avoid using the Trail late at night and especially those parts of the Trail that are less populated and more remote
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org