News Sections
Audio
Hot Oil Sparks Blaze
Updated July 23, 2014 10:34 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(BEDFORD) - Cooking french fries left unattended sparked a blaze Sunday night at the home of Vicky Young at 320 S Street.

According to the Bedford Fire Department Chief, firefighters were called to the home at 6:20 p.m. after Young smelled something hot and found the fire.

Wagner says the oil left on the stove unattended overheated and sparked the fire that burned a hole in the wooden floor of the kitchen near the stove. Firefighters shut off the power after discovering a wiring problem.

Young was checked out at the scene by local emergency personnel.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2017 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback