(BEDFORD) - A fire Monday afternoon caused damage to a bedroom and kitchen area of a home at U.S. 50 East and Star Boulevard.
According to Shawswick Fire Department Chief Bob Brown, lightening struck the antenna of the home of Bob and Kim Fleetwood just before 7:17 p.m.
The home is owned by Ralph Anderson and was being rented by the Fleetwoods.
"The lightening hit the antenna, traveled into the home into the living room area," Brown says. "We got it knocked down really quick and were able to call Pleasant Run off the run."
Brown says firefighters only used around 500 to 600 gallons of water to extinguish the blaze.
"We had a really quick knock down," he added. "There still was a lot of heat and smoke damage to the front of the home, but it was contained to that area. The home is still livable."
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org