News Sections
Fire At Budget Inn Believed To Be Arson
Updated July 22, 2014 9:15 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(BEDFORD) - A fire at the Budget Inn is believed to be arson.

The Bedford Fire Department was called to the Budget Inn, 2618 Mitchell Road, at 9:53 p.m. on Friday after someone reported seeing smoke coming from the building.

Firefighters had to break into a room at the motel and rescued 26-year-old Tiffany McGinnis.

She was found in the bathroom.

Fire Chief Jon Wagner says McGinnis suffered smoke inhalation and was given oxygen and then taken to St. Vincent Dunn Hospital for treatment..

Other firefighters evacuated the surrounding rooms and battled the blaze.

According to Wagner, the fire started in McGinnis' room, when a mattress caught on fire.

Wagner says the room sustained heat damage, and almost all the contents were destroyed.

Firefighters were on the scene until 1:10 a.m. Saturday.

A fire investigator met with Wagner Monday morning to discuss the fire. No other details are being released at this time and no arrests have been made.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File