WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Bedford Fire Department Ventilates Home After Kitchen Fire

Last updated on Wednesday, June 18, 2014

(BEDFORD) - The Bedford Fire Department had to ventilate a home in the 300 block of 19th Street Tuesday morning after a kitchen fire.

According to Fire Chief Jon Wagner, the resident was cooking when he spilled cooking oil under the burner starting a fire. The resident was able to extinguish the blaze.

Firefighters ventilated the home of smoke.

Firefighters were then called to a home in the 4000 block of Washington Avenue just before 9 p.m. after the homeowner smelled what she believed was a possible gas leak.

When firefighters arrived and entered the home they too detected the odor of rotten eggs.

Firefighters contacted Duke Energy and Vectren who responded to the scene.

The odor was coming from a 4-wheeler battery that was being charged. Wagner says the battery overheated and was omitting the odor.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page