News Sections
Bedford Fire Department Ventilates Home After Kitchen Fire
Updated June 19, 2014 3:35 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(BEDFORD) - The Bedford Fire Department had to ventilate a home in the 300 block of 19th Street Tuesday morning after a kitchen fire.

According to Fire Chief Jon Wagner, the resident was cooking when he spilled cooking oil under the burner starting a fire. The resident was able to extinguish the blaze.

Firefighters ventilated the home of smoke.

Firefighters were then called to a home in the 4000 block of Washington Avenue just before 9 p.m. after the homeowner smelled what she believed was a possible gas leak.

When firefighters arrived and entered the home they too detected the odor of rotten eggs.

Firefighters contacted Duke Energy and Vectren who responded to the scene.

The odor was coming from a 4-wheeler battery that was being charged. Wagner says the battery overheated and was omitting the odor.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2019 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File