(UNDATED) - Is your child looking for something a little different to do this summer? The 2014 Indiana State Police Summer Youth Camps will soon be in session.
The summer youth camps are for students entering grades 5 through 12. Campers learn teamwork skills while gaining self-confidence.
The camps are designed to help students get an up close and personal view of law enforcement and the criminal justice system, but more importantly, gain respect for themselves and others. This is all done through programs that reward hard work, dedication and team work.
The camps always include demonstrations by our ERT (SWAT), Explosive Ordinance Disposal, Scuba, Crime Scene Technicians and other specialties. Troopers volunteer to put on demonstrations on a variety of topics. The camp staffs are handpicked law enforcement personnel who dedicate their time to preparing youth for their futures.
The 11 camps are held at universities and state parks throughout the state. Below is a schedule for each camp offered for 2014.
RESPECT FOR LAW CAMPS (Grades 5-6)
- University of S. Indiana - June 12-14
- Notre Dame University - June 26-28
- Hanover College - July 10-12
- Anderson University - July 10-12
LIONS LAW CAMPS: (Grades7-8)
- Vincennes University - June 11-14
- Anderson University - July 9-12
CAREER CAMPS: (Grades 9-12)
- Vincennes University - July 13-18
- Trine University (Angola) - July 13-18
PIONEER CAMPOUTS: (By Recommendation Only)
- Mounds State Park - July 9-13
- Lincoln State Park - June 23-27
- New Harmony State Park - July 7-11
- Potato Creek State Park - July 7-11
If you have any questions or know of a child that's interested, you may contact the Indiana Troopers Youth Services at 1-800-671-9851. To check the cost and to register online just go to http://www.trooper.org/
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to email@example.com