(BEDFORD) - The 26th Annual WBIW Senior Fair drew a crowd of more than 450 people on Tuesday.
The free event was held at the Community Baptist Fellowship.
82-year-old Maxine Todd has been attending the event for years.
"I've come for many many years," she says. "At the every first one held at the Comfort Inn I won a nice set of wrist watches."
It was the first time of 84-year-old Nellie Manuel.
"This is impressive," Manuel says. "Everyone is so nice and I am really enjoying myself. They are giving out a lot of nice things and giving good advice."
Manuel came with her neighbor 74-year-old Cecelia Atkins of Bedford.
"I have come every year since it started," Atkins says. "I will be visiting all of the booths and playing bingo."
The free bingo is what brought Erine Todd to the Senior Fair.
"I am a loyal Swap Shop listener," he added. "I have been coming to the Senior Fair for about five years."
The event was free to attend and area seniors were provided with information from health care facilities, banks, assisted living, insurance and much more.
Visitors also visited with DJ's, played bingo and won door prizes.
The following vendors provided free health screenings this year's event:
- Blood Pressure - St. Vincent Dunn, Mitchell Manor, Adaptive Nursing
- Blood Sugar - St.Vincent Dunn Hospital & Mitchell Manor
- Cholesterol - Westview Nursing & Rehabilitation
- Coordination - Paoli Health & Living
- Flexibility - White River Lodge
- Hearing - Affordable Hearing Aids
- Height & Weight - St.Vincent Dunn
- Spinal Alignment & Bone Density - Health Care Center
- Strength & Balance - Stonebridge Health Campus
- Vision - Bedford Lion's Club
The 26th Annual WBIW Senior Fair was sponsored by:
- Affordable Hearing Aids
- Lawrence County Community Foundation
- Day & Carter Mortuary
- Air-Master Heating & Air Conditioning
- Stonebridge Health Campus
- Sipes Body & Glass
- Hoosier Uplands Home Health & Hospice
- Judy Macy State Farm Insurance
- Medicine Plus
- Health Care Center
- Mitchell Manor
- Westview Nursing & Rehabilitation
- Brenda Bahe Farmers Insurance
- St Vincent Dunn Hospital
- Paoli Health & Living
- White River Lodge
- Adaptive Nursing & Rehabilitation
- Healthy Balance Wellness Center / Humana
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org