(WASHINGTON) - The Washington Fire Department made two runs to house fires over the weekend.
At 6:47 p.m. Friday evening, firefighters were called to a house fire at 601 West Walnut Street. A Washington Police officer arriving at the scene just reported there were children at the scene and one had burned hair.
When the Fire Department arrived, just three minutes after receiving the call, they saw smoke coming from the attic vent.
Washington Utility workers pulled electrical service from the residence.
According to Washington firefighters the fire started in a stove.
The owner of the home, Kelly D. Quiggins was taken to Daviess Community Hospital for treatment.
Then at 4:11 p.m. Sunday afternoon, the fire department was called to the residence at 606 Troy Road, where an electrical fire was reported at the residence.
Fire fighters were on the scene for approximately 15 minutes.
No other information is available.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org