News Sections
Homeowner Puts Out Grease Fire
Updated March 18, 2014 8:09 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(BEDFORD) - Bedford Fire Department firefighters were called to a home at 2126 G Street after the homeowner reported there was a grease fire in the oven.

Chief Jon Waggoner says while firefighters were in route when the homeowner Damon Evans called and said the fire was out but there was smoke in the home.

Waggoner says grease had dropped into the bottom of the oven and ignited.

The homeowners had opened up all the windows and doors and the smoke was ventilated out of the home.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2019 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File