Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Monday, March 31, 2014
(SALEM) - An electrical problem caused a fire that heavily damaged two apartments at New Horizons Apartments on Aspen Drive in Salem Thursday.
Salem Fire Chief Tom Day met with the state fire marshal Friday to try and pinpoint the exact cause. Day says they believe the fire started in the attic.
When firefighters arrived on the scene, heavy smoke and fire were shooting through the roof.
One resident was treated for burns after they tried to extinguish the fire that started on the west end of the building and had dropped down into the man's apartment.
Day says it took about 30 minutes to contain the blaze. Firefighters were on the scene Friday morning to extinguish smoldering insulation.
Day says two apartments had heavy damage and two others had smoke and water damage, with four others having smoke damage.
1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page