WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

State Fire Marshal Rules Fire Accidental

Last updated on Friday, February 28, 2014

(BEDFORD) - The State Fire Marshal has ruled the fire on Trinton Circle as accidental.

Three volunteer fire departments were called to a home of one of their own Wednesday morning at 353 Trinton Circle.

The home is owned by by Shawswick VFD firefighter Terry Pemberton.
A neighbor reported the fire.

According to Shawswick VFD Chief Bob Brown, the state fire marshal has ruled the fire was accidental and electrical in nature.

"There was damage to the ceiling, hallway and one bedroom," Brown added. "We are looking at about $10,000 to $20,000 in damages."

The family was not living in the home, but had just had the home remodeled.

Assisting at the scene were Guthrie Township, Marion Township VFDs, Seals ambulance crew and Tabernacle or Praise and Emergency Service.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page