WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Firefighters Battle Blaze In Jasonville

Last updated on Friday, February 21, 2014

(JASONVILLE) - Firefighters dealt with three explosions Thursday morning while battling a house fire in Jasonville.

According to Jasonville Fire Chief Justin Disney, the fire was caused after a space heater overturned.

The Greene County Daily World reports that firefighters were called to the blaze at 8:39 a.m. at the single-story home at the corner of Lincoln and Keagy streets.

Wright Township and Lewis Township Volunteer Fire Departments assisted.

Disney says the fire started in the kitchen area. The names of the homeowners were not available.

Firefighters had to deal with a few minor explosions after small Coleman propan cylinders exploded after being exposed to the intense heat and ruptured.

Greene County Red Cross Coordinator David Neal was also at the scene to help direct water and coffee to the firefighters who were battling the blaze.

Firefighters were on the scene until 11:30 a.m.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page