News Sections
Firefighters Battle Blaze In Jasonville
Updated February 21, 2014 7:02 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS
fire in jasonville.jpg
Photo by Nick Schneider, of the Greene County Daily World.

(JASONVILLE) - Firefighters dealt with three explosions Thursday morning while battling a house fire in Jasonville.

According to Jasonville Fire Chief Justin Disney, the fire was caused after a space heater overturned.

The Greene County Daily World reports that firefighters were called to the blaze at 8:39 a.m. at the single-story home at the corner of Lincoln and Keagy streets.

Wright Township and Lewis Township Volunteer Fire Departments assisted.

Disney says the fire started in the kitchen area. The names of the homeowners were not available.

Firefighters had to deal with a few minor explosions after small Coleman propan cylinders exploded after being exposed to the intense heat and ruptured.

Greene County Red Cross Coordinator David Neal was also at the scene to help direct water and coffee to the firefighters who were battling the blaze.

Firefighters were on the scene until 11:30 a.m.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File