(WASHINGTON) - A fire destroyed a moble home Thursday morning at 809 Front Street in Washington.
The fire was reported at 7:43 a.m.
According to Washington Fire Chief Dave Rhoads the trailer was fully engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived.
The owner of the home, Lacy Santillan told firefighters the fire started by children playing with matches in the rear of the home.
The children started some clothes on fire. The clothes were removed from the room and place on the covered patio area.
Santillan told police she checked on the smoldering clothes a couple of times before being awakened by the sound of breaking glass.
She saw the flames, grabbed her children and fled the home.
Chief Rhoads says seven off-duty firemen were called to help battle the blaze.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org