News Sections
Fire Destroys Shed On Leatherwood Road
Updated February 3, 2014 9:14 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(BEDFORD) - Firefighters from Shawswick and Guthrie Volunteer Fire Departments were called to a shed fire Sunday at the home of Judy Collins, at 3630 Leatherwood Road

According to Shawswick Volunteer Fire Department Chief Bob Brown, a neighbor noticed the blaze and contacted police.

Ten firefighters from Shawswick VFD with three trucks and five firefighters from Guthrie VFD with two trucks responded to the blaze at 3:28 p.m.

"When we arrived the 2- foot-by-20-foot shed was engulfed in flames," Brown says. "Flames were shooting out the metal roof."

According to Brown the shed set up off the ground and under the building was used as a dog house.

"They had a light hanging there for their beagle and it appears the dog knocked off the light, which caught the saw dust bedding on fire," Brown added. "The dog is ok, but the fire burnt through the floor of the shed and spread from there."

Brown says the shed was destroyed and the family lost a lawn mower, several tools and other items.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2019 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File