(WASHINGTON CO.) - Three fire departments were dispatched to 2742 Dutch Creek Road in Eastern Washington County, last week to battle a barn fire that claimed the lives of two lambs and their mother.
The Salem Democrat reports, four other sheep survived the blaze. Also saved were several pieces of farm equipment including a combine and seed truck.
Jackson Township Fire Chief Nathan Thompson says the fire was caused by a heating lamp placed inside the barn to keep some 3-day-old lambs warm.
Thompson says the lamp was either knocked over by the lambs or fell or malfunctioned. Posey Township and Greenville provided assistance battling the blaze.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org